Monday, October 12, 2015

Happy Birthday Dad

Happy Birthday BOB!
Today is my dads birthday. He would be 80 today. I remember every  Bob thing. 

 
He was smart, funny, kind, sarcastic, quick witted,  artistic, sensitive, sweet, and loved by many.


Whenever I smell a pipe, hear Earth Wind and Fire,  Blood Sweat and Tears, Doobie Bros, Grateful Dead, or Harry Chapin, watch Monty Python, or late night TV,  a baseball game, or watch my nephews play little league, I am instanly taken back to the days of my dad. 

                    We were so alike in many ways. Growing up the only girl in my family, I constantly butted heads with my dad about equality. It was hard being a girl with 3 brothers... different rules, and I wasn't having it! The moment I moved out of the house, the head butting stopped and he bacame my best pal, biggest cheerleader and supporter. 30 years is a long time, but the heart never forgets. Happy Birthday dad.

No comments: