Friday, June 18, 2010

New life to old chairs

I have been on a journey lately to reuse, recycle, repurpose, buy local, eat clean & grow what we can. My husband & I are both self employed, Ted is a carpenter/alternative energy consultant and I work with fiber and mixed media. We both have lots of scrap in our studio/workshops and I am always looking to do something with all that is leftover. As I posted earlier, a friend showed me her weaving method for repurposing ties, my intent was to use my scrap jersey for weaving seats & backs and was so thrilled with the outcome. I am now in the process of finishing a couple of these old rush rockers and six of these old cane chairs. I am certain I will not have room for them all, so I may be selling a few of these at some local shows here in Maine.







No comments: