Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New, New New!

 It's a brand new year. How lucky  are we ... we get  to reset every 365 days. I always like to take time to look back on the year... so many things... so many feelings.
2018 was a learning year for sure. I learned so much about people, and how NOT to treat others. For me its been ingrained in my upbringing, treat folks they way you want to be treated. It was my Moms mantra, and mine, to my 2 children. But 2018... brought into my immediate sight how many people do not practice this simple act. Its shameful... an opportunity missed. I have a tendency to perseverate on things that I should just let go of, but alas I cannot. So here are a few of my favorite  words from 2018...what are your words?

Believe... in good, in kindness, in peace, in goodness... If you believe it,  it will happen. I remind myself of that when I am shaking my head at absurdities that seem to be broadcast on the daily. Believe!

Communicate...this is a really good word and really works when its done correctly! To be heard and listened to, one needs to communicate what your needs and expectations are. More people should practice communication. It's a really, really key word.

Standards... If you set a standard, one needs to be the example... how can you hold folks to standards you,  yourself  do not hold. And if you set a standard, hold all to the  same standards set... if not,  then its just bullshit really, and lord know we don't need more of that. Yay for standards and nay to bullshit!

Inspire... we all have the opportunity...to inspire, be it as a mentor, coach, teacher, boss, friend, parent. To be one of the former and not take the advantage of the simple act of  inspiring is a huge missed moment and a huge waste of an opportunity to make a connection. If you are lucky enough to be in a position...make a connection!

Strength... in body, mind and soul... I have seen friends go thru some pretty heavy things in 2018 (17,16,15,14,13,12... and on and on)  and am in awe of their strength of mind... willing the body...and feeding the soul. I raise a huge glass to strength!

Show up... be there for your family, your friends, your neighbors, it's really so easy to do, and really so important and so meaningful to those you show up for, and those who show up for you.

Encourage... a little encouragement-goes a long way... I encourage you all to promote, assist, buoy, boost, energize and lift someone! Speak kind words. It's really so easy to do.

Give... it really is so nice to do and so easy. It makes people happy, and it makes you happy... give of yourself, your time your talent, and make everyone happy!

Take... take the time to listen, take the time to see, take your time when speaking... be present... you will be surprised at what you hear and see and what is heard. Take,take, take!

Laugh... you can never do this enough..laugh at yourself, laugh at situations beyond your control... I'm pretty good at this... I have lots of laugh lines to prove it... I kinda dig them ( most days)

Focus... you are your future... focus on what you want, always moving forward.

Thankful...so much to be thankful for...be thankful...for everything big and small. Life  is short, don't sweat the small stuff.  Remember what's really, really important and be oh so grateful!

Worth... you are worthy, know your worth and never let anyone diminish your worth. It takes a small person to  demean another... rise above, and let your character shine. People will notice.

Courage... to face difficulty, without fear. To face the unknown, fearlessly, to move forward, to embrace the unknown. Courage is a beautiful word!

Creativity... find it within you and do it... Share your originality, let your freak flag fly!

Respect... You have to give it to get it. It's hard to give respect to someone who does not give the same courtesy. It cannot be demanded it needs to be earned. Give the respect you wish to get.

Enjoy.. all the moments...raise a big glass to ENJOYMENT

Faith... keep it whatever your faith is, and respect others. Im keeping the faith in 2019!

Help.. those who cannot help themselves... help yourself, help those who don't know they need your help and the hardest... asking for help if you need it. Help is a wonderful  word.

Judge...not... you never know what someone has endured... I know its hard. I remind myself often not to  judge.

Friendship... this is a magnificent word... nurture them, keep them, make new ones... Tequilla to friendship!

LOVE... let it fill you up... spread it, show it, say it... this one word you can never have enough of, hear enough or show enough... Share the love!
and Cheers to this Big, Great, Fantastic, Happy, Healthy, Shiny New Year!



No comments: