Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy Birthday Joanie!


January 8, Joanie's  birthday ( AKA my mom). She loved being the center of attention.  It seems impossible that she has been gone for 3 years now. Crazy how time passes yet I still feel like it was yestrerday that she was just here. I miss so much about my mom, but mostly I miss hearing her voice, her laugh, a giggle really and her sneezes. Nothing is more comforting than the sound of your mothers voice when things are upside down in your world. I miss just calling to say hey when having a bad day. I miss her laugh, such a feminine girly laugh... I do not laugh that way, but she had a distinct,  Joan way of laughing and yup her sneezes, she sneezed like no other. If you can all say along AhhhhhhhhTissue in about 5 octives higher than your natural voice, then you nailed it! Always made me laugh.
I was so fortunate to have such great parents, of course when in my teens I dont think I thought them so cool, but all my friends loved them. And as I grew into adulthood, so appreciated every bit of them. I remember calls to my mom to just say "oh my God, I am so sorry"  about a thousand times when Zaz & T-Moe were babies, toddlers, pre teens, you get my drift. You do tend to appreciate them even more once you have your own. And how many time do I wish I could pick up the phone just to hear her voice? Well every day these past few years. She walked my walk and again I wish I could say "Oh my God, I am so sorry" As I think back to when my dad passed at 50  ( I was 25) I don't think I had a clue how difficult it was for my mom.  She was a strong, funny, kind woman and I miss her dearly.
 One of my last pics with my mom. I had the good fortune to travel with her to Mexico...it was a bitter sweet vacation.

I always thought I looked like Bob (my dad) until I saw this pic... 


Joan  would dislike each one of these, but  I love the stories behind each one... before my wedding, with Eliza after her first surgery and shortly after  one of her many craniotomies


at T-Moes Christening

I cherish the memories.

No comments: