Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010...Welcome 2011!

Looking back, 2010 was a year full of joy and surprises, disappointments, grief and uncertainty. Change in visions, both personally and in business. The Joy and Surprise most definitely out weighed the sorrow and loss. I think that without joy and happiness, grief and sorrow would be so unbearable.  Large doses of love and happy and those that bring  it,  help make loss and sorrow bearable. The losses have been heartbreaking. I have mourned for friends and loved ones who are gone, my heart feels their absence daily. I am forever hopeful for those who are still here, but their minds or bodies have betrayed them. I am grateful for relationships that have run the course. I believe people come in and out of your life with purpose. I embrace the experiences and lessons that came from those relationships.
Some of the changes have been unplanned, but change is good. Sometimes something unplanned sheds light on the big picture. I am a lemonade maker, you know, a glass half full gal, always have been...just the way I'm built...it has served me well.
I believe we are the source of our own happiness. Regardless of external influences, it is our decision to choose to be happy or unhappy.  2010 was a very happy year!
 I am blessed to have an amazing, supportive, understanding husband, 2 fantastic, great, talented, smart and beautiful children, a home filled with laughter,  a fighting strong mother, wonderful brothers, sisters-in-laws, nieces and nephews who I love madly. I am truly so lucky to have so many dear friends, both old and new.  Welcome 2011, I will be sure to look for the lesson. I will let in and then let go of anger and hurt feelings and I will continue to choose Happy everyday! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 comment:

suzzanne said...

You have such a way with words...I love the honesty, it's the only way to be! Happy New Year to you and your family...they are so fortunate to have you and you them.