Thursday, April 9, 2009

PureArt

When I am not in my studio making art, or at one of my childrens sporting events, I have the great pleasure of doing artist in residence work in local schools. I was recently at Appletree School in Cape Elizabeth and the wonderfully creative childern there, made some beautiful drawings, which I then made into blocks for them to print. Here is some of the Appletree artist's work, every piece was fabulous, but I just could not fit all 20 here.

I am just in Love with the simple beauty.






I also have the joy of being able to enjoy & reproduce children's artwork through PureArtCards an art related fundraising program. This small business is run from my studio office and I so look forward to fall & spring fundraising season. I get such a kick when I see the look on a child's face when they see their artwork on a card or bookplate and I am continually amazed at the amount of young talent in the elementary & middles schools that I am involved with. Here is a small sampling of some recent student work.










I love art, and I am so happy when I get a chance to share & encourage young artists to create. I am thrilled when I have a student come to the studio to job shadow. It is possible to make a living in the arts (although you must be ever imaginative and create opportunities) So go make art, because art is good.

No comments: