Sunday, June 16, 2019

And on the eve of year 6...Happy Fathers day Cappy

Six  Years tomorrow...and today, on the eve of the day you left us,  I am reminded so wonderfully who you were, by these images of your children. You would be so proud Ted. T-Moe took this semester off to re-evaluate and re-energize. He left school and a lacrosse team of guys he really loved, to make choices that best suited  him. I watched thru his college career, as he shared time in goal at Goucher, and always felt you there.  I watched  him as the starting goalie at Merrimack and playing in a National title game, and you were there.  I also watched as he sat on the bench, but instead of being mad and bitter,  I watched him rise up and lift up the team and be a really, really good teammate. This I know was guided by you. And now that decisions have been made,  I look forward to his next year (as he "comes out of retirement", as he says) at a new school,  back on the field, doing what he loves. All the choices he has made, not easy, but I am so proud of the man we raised.

I watched as T-Moe coached youth and HS teams thru the winter, reffed 10 games at the 7th Annual Ted Hellier Laxfest, and then as he took on his first HS coaching gig, enjoying the moments just like you.  Just look at that stance... no denying who he takes after, minus the keg! (For those of you who don't know...Ted affectionately referred to his growing mid section as a keg instead of a 6pack)  



And your girl... her compassion and drive... You! Her life choices, its like you are right  here guiding her. She reminds me of you so much. When she's frustrated with the dogs... she Ted pets them... its crazy! Her talent in the kitchen...you. Her early rise to start the day...you... I know she misses her morning buddy so much. Unlike you however ...she hates to get her pic taken... that she gets from me!


So as Zaz and I watched T-Moe in action as NYA's assistant coach, yesterday in the State Championship game, we got a glimpse of you. 

He is passionate about the game...like you,


 he cares about his players...like you


 He enjoys the moment...like you



He is a hugger...like you


he is happy for others successes...like you


he is a team player... like you. You taught him that lesson very well.


All these reminders yesterday, that the best things we ever did... are STILL  the best things we ever did. And I am so grateful to you for them. I am so happy I get to see YOU in them each day. Some days, like yesterday, it just screams you more than others. I am ever so grateful and joy filled for  days like these. You my dear are forever in our hearts, and missed more than I thought possible. Happy Fathers Day Cappy!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Sue for bringing Ted back to us today, love that guy.

Unknown said...

Missing you Ted and sending lots of love to you Helliers.

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful Dad and husband. Missed by many